Season Winding Down: Siyan Yasilievich and his Future

Season Winding Down: Siyan Yasilievich and his Future

SiyanYasilievichFinalSig.png

What's the plan?

Siyan Yasilievich currently leads the London United with 47 points in 46 games played, having 11 goals and 36 assists with a +3. The biggest question mark is that Siyan has yet to be extended and currently is on the last year of his contract before he potentially heads into free agency. With only two seasons left in his career, he's going to have to make some big decisions on what he wants to do this off-season. We asked Siyan if he's looked to the off-season and potentially what his plans are, to which he replied, "I mean it's always something that's in the back of your mind. I want to make sure I'll have a home and a place to play. I've thought about retiring early potentially, but I want to continue my career if it is possible and win another championship or award. There's plenty of good teams in this league and I hope one will call me home should I walk. I also love London and it's an amazing place to play, so we'll see where I go." With a point-per-game on London, he'll for sure attract a lot of attention in the upcoming off-season. He isn't as flashy as the other defenseman at the top of the league, however he gets the job done and is an elite passer, as he's already proved that once. On top of that, London is one of the lowest scoring teams in the league, so Siyan being on a high scoring team would give him career high numbers. We'll see what happens and where he's going to land, or if he stays in London. Siyan has not ruled out the possibility of coming back to London, but there's one thing for sure, he won't be going to the HC Davos Dynamo.