RLV: Crash and Burn

McLovin

image.jpeg.7001fef79dfc8d0d864d235f5ebc4844.jpeg

Live from Juan Ceson Arena, this is Radio Las Vegas, with your host, Marcus Svedberg!

The Las Vegas Aces have stumbled into the trade deadline this year, and after many high expectations, it's even more disappointing to bring you the news I bare today. It's with a heavy heart I announce to you that Captain Maxim Anisimov and Jeid Rohnson have been traded to the Halifax 21st, in exchange for Quinndillus Whopper and a S91 HFX 3rd Round pick. This coming not so shortly after the Aces six game winning streak came crashing down around them, as they have lost 5 of their last 6 following the win streak. With this in mind, and the future to be considered, GM @Blazzer made the tough decision to ship off career Aces off for future assets to help with the now all but guaranteed rebuild.

What this brings for the team is yet to be seen, but if the Aces are dedicating to a rebuild, then expect more losses in the coming days and weeks. It's gonna be tough on the Sin City, but the pay off will be worth it, I can promise you that. While this isn't the season many fans were expecting, it's even harder to accept that it needs to get worse before it gets better. As the trade deadline is today, expect teams to be ringing up Las Vegas Managements phones, with potentially more players on exodus in the coming hours. With this though does shed a glimmer of hope. In addition to more losses now expected for the Aces, their position in the standings will drop, and they'll likely be able to get higher picks in the draft to bring on more hope for the team. To guess what management has in store with this picks is impossible to predict, but for now, it's a dark day in Las Vegas.

We'll have more news for you at the top of the hour. Today's headlines were brought to you by KGW, "Play Like You!" @Triller. And now Nat King Cole, reminding us what really matters with "Love Me As Though There Were No Tomorrow."