Wow, 16 Year of the VHL!!

Gaikoku-hito

16 GIF

Wow, 16th Year of the VHL

July 18th, 2007 seems like a long time ago and I won`t lie I wasn`t even considering joining a sim hockey league at that time. I would have been entering my second year out of the military and two years removed from actually playing hockey myself. I would have also just met my wife, yet I don`t think at this point I would have actually realized that. I was living in Banff, AB and having the time of my life drinking, partying, hiking, rollerblading and really living the free life.

Fast forward 16 years, I am now married with two kids been through dozens of jobs that seen me move from Banff, to Vancouver, to Japan, to Chilliwack, to Richmond, to Banff, to Carstairs, to Edmonton and back to Japan. Crazy how many times I have moved in the past 16 years and good thing this doesn`t count before 2007 since I moved a ton more!! (weep)

Gone from Hotel worker to warehouse worker to warehouse manager to hotel manager to Warehouse manager to warehouse worker to newspaper deliver and now an ALT High School teacher. Salary bouncing around being complete inconsistent.

Gone from a young buck that could out run anyone to the old beer body that I have today where the only running I am doing is in my dreams. Yeah, getting old is great!! (crying).

Yet here the whole time the VHL has been more consistent than I have over the past 16 years providing fun and entertainment. Congratulations to the VHL for being something that I have never been; Consistent!! LOL!!

I hope that the league will continue for many more years and that I can be part of the next 16 years!!

Happy Birthday VHL!!

Happy Birthday GIF

Edited by Gaikoku-hito