Davos, Summers Ready for Playoffs

kirbithan

wZOxqJ2.jpg

Lachlan Summers was swarmed by reporters, microphones, and cameras after practice as his team, HC Davos Dynamo, headed into the playoffs on a first round bye. They will be facing the Riga Reign, a rivalry that has been heating up over the past few seasons due to many factors: Summers’ friendship with winger Sadie St-Louis as well as the rivalry between defensemen Brian Kowalski and Skor McFleury.

Interviewer: “Davos struggled near the end of the season and missed out on the Victory Cup after a dominant campaign. Has the team reflected on that at all?”

Lachlan: “We’re moving past that now. We’re in the playoffs and the last thing on our minds right now is what happened during the regular season. It was a close race. Didn't play as well as we should've. That’s all I have to say.”

I: “Since you are facing off against the Riga Reign again after besting them just a few seasons prior, are there any tensions between you and your friend Sadie St-Louis?”

L: “I wouldn’t say there’s tension but there’s definitely a rivalry and we drive each other to be our best. Sadie is one of my closest friends and we both know to keep things that happen on the ice, on the ice. No friendships are going to be ruined if that’s your concern. Nothing could tear us apart, especially after that banana attack that supposedly happened nine years ago.”

I: “Mason Jones and Alexandre Leduc are going to be retiring at the end of the season. How much will Davos be missing them?”

L: “A hell of a lot. Two very strong presences both on the ice and on the locker room. I hope they’ll stick around even after this season, maybe take up some coaching spots or something like that. I have really enjoyed playing alongside those two and now we want to win that Continental Cup to send them off properly.”

I: “Thank you for your time, Lachlan. Good luck.”

L: “Thanks.”