Logan and Izumi: Izumi is pregnant

WildfireMicro

"Well that ending was slightly disappointing" Logan Foley says as he sits with his wife, Izumi. "I really thought we could make it into the playoffs."

"Well you guys played hard, and honestly you did not do too bad for your first season in the VHL." Izumi smiles as she kisses her husband on the cheek "just remember, it is your first steps into the VHL so next season should be even better for all of you overall I believe."

"I know Izumi. However, I still wish we could have gotten a chance to do something in the playoffs." Logan sighed a bit before recovering and getting up to make some food "so what are you in the mood for?" 

"Weirdly, I have been in the mood for some Mac and cheese and I really don't know exactly why" Izumi shrugs

"Hmm you don't huh?" Logan says, suspicious

"Honestly I do not, and I have been having weird morning sickness..." Izumi starts to say before sighing and deciding to just spoil the surprise "screw it, I was hoping to tell you this later but might as well get it out now: Logan Foley, I'm pregnant."

"You are?!" Logan gasps before gently hugging his wife "that's great! Were you planning on telling in a big surprise way or something like that?"

"Yep! I was hoping to slightly hint at that, but honestly I just figured that you were gonna be too observant."

"Well that hints you threw out were a bit too obvious. I mean morning sickness? I was wondering if you didn't know you were pregnant or something like that"

"Ok so I'm not that good with hints" Izumi laughs "so the next generation of Foley VHL stars will be born soon I guess"

"Or firefighter, or doctor, or lawyer, or whatever they want to be in the end." Logan smiles "my dad was not the kind to force anyone into any kind of job or pursuit, I just love hockey so much that I have stuck with it" Logan smiles "if my son or daughter wants to be a hockey star then I'll be happy to help them, but I would also be happy to help them with anything else they would like to do. I have a pretty open mind with something like this."

"Well I am happy you do" Izumi smiles back at him "they could also get into journalism like me, but just like you I'll support them on anything they want to do. Well, as long as it is not harmful or illegal or anything like that."

"Of course, that is a given" Logan nodded before heading to the kitchen "now do you really crave Mac and cheese or was that just a hint? Because my mom knows a killer recipe for it"

"Logan I really am craving it" Izumi admits "I haven't had it in over 4 years, yet I am craving it now. It's gonna be an interesting few months, huh?"

"Indeed it will be. I'm gonna call my mom to give her the news and ask for the recipe, so just sit tight alright?" Izumi nods to Logan as he says this and goes to call his parents.