Rocky Start

Rin

Rin's initial impact on the Halifax 21st hasn't been massive, but I guess it's been a bit bigger than I initially felt. Though she went pointless in the playoffs, the 20 games she played in Halifax resulted in roughly .5 PPG pace, with some pretty unremarkable defensive stats to boot:

image.thumb.png.3d4237037f32b1bd3b09b6f7c7a26e18.png

Getting as many as 9 points surprises me a little bit, admittedly, because it felt as if there were quite a few pointless sims for the Kagamine twin. I know I shouldn't expect a low TPE player to be lighting the world on fire right off the bat, especially when I'm still slowly figuring out how to build, but I would have loved to see just a little more production from, what I thought, was a slightly more offensively-driven blueliner.

Taking a peek at some of the VHLM scoring leaders from last season, though, it seems like the BEST offensive strategy is to...not build offence at all. I guess this tracks, since the old strategy was to just pump scoring as high as you could to separate it from passing, since shoot-first minmax players were absolutely the way to go. Since we can't separate them anymore, it makes sense to start pumping TPE into defense; it was always known as one of the better investments as far as STHS is concerned. I'll be using a first gen re-roll to better allocate some of this TPE, hoping for a nice bounceback season in the upcoming 90th season. This time, I'll be armed with a little more knowledge and a lot more of an ability to dump points into the right places.

For this week's Rin song, I'm going for an unbelievable hidden gem that was released fairly recently. A bop among bops, AnamoriP's "hug"