#AsktheBouch: Play-off thoughts

Gaikoku-hito

Random thoughts

-       Vancouver Wolves are back in the finals after winning the Cup in S87 and I won`t lie this is a bit of surprise based on how we started the season but the team came together. We had a really good middle part of the season and a so-so end to the season. (back-up games played a role) but we knew we were in tough against Calgary so winning was a nice surprise as we knew we could/should beat them.

-       Sweeping New York; While the team has changed a lot since I was drafted and dumped by the team halfway into the first season with the team. It still feels really good to see the success that we have had compared to them. Beating them was sweet and it would can only be capped off by winning another Cup.

-       Bitter sweet watching Prague fall to Davos for two different reasons, 1. I predicted a possible upset here with Prague making back to the finals 2. Prague and Vancouver repeat in the finals would have been special. Still hopeful that Vancouver would win though.

-       Davos and Vancouver final; if you look at the standing and the regular season both teams had than this should be an easy final for Davos. Adding this might have been the easier route to the cup in many years as they will have beaten the 4th rated team, 6th rated team and 5th rated team if they manage to win the cup. Never actually playing one of the top two teams in the league. Does that make winning the cup any less special? Yeah, probably not!!

-       Expectation for the finals, either we are going to see a four-game sweep for Davos or we are going to see a game six or seven mammoth fight? I am leaning towards mammoth fight but Davos on paper is clearly the better team. (Should I tell you the regular season series between the two teams? Nope but we will see what happens sooner than later)