Interview with Molly the Cat, season 90 preseason

JCarson

Pre-Season interview with Molly the Cat 

Molly the Cat, season 90 of the VHL will be starting shortly, how do you feel being in the league at this milestone moment? 

It is an honor to play in such a fantastic league, playing with some of the best hockey players ever to have laced up the skates. To have my name on the Continental Cup among legends is something I will never forget. Yet now we sit facing another milestone, 90 seasons. I don’t expect that when the first season of the VHL was played those General Managers, Players, and Fans expected to ever see this day. The longevity of the League stands as a testament of how exceptional it is. Season 90 will be a celebration for so many reasons, and I know that every player I have spoken to is ecstatic about being a part of it.  

Molly the Cat, any predictions about the upcoming seasons personally? 

As usual I am going to go out each night and do my best. Going to strive to lead the London United to a winning season, one that we can be proud of. There has been a notable change in the league since last season and we are going to show that we can rise to the occasion. London United is positioned to take advantage of the significant roster moves that have gone on. We look forward to going out and showing our fans a strong defensive but also impressive offensive hockey game. 

Molly the Cat let us talk about the returning members of the team. Tell me how do you feel about those coming back again this year? 

The team's veterans are an excellent group of individuals; we have top talent who have earned some significant awards over the years. For example, you have Leonard Triller and Jesse Teno who both had amazing runs in our championship year. Both taking notable awards, and both being well deserving. What you may not know is that we have some veteran players who work hard with the younger players, teaching them not only skills, systems and plays but also how to be great citizens and people. I may be captain of the London United but there are so many excellent individuals who pour their lives into this league that deserve significantly more credit than they ever receive. 

Molly the Cat, can you tell me about the new additions to the London United? 

I am not sure exactly what I can say now. I have had brief conversations with each of them and they are excited to join the team and play this season. That said I have been out of town for most of the offseason between some family obligations and an off-season tournament I haven’t had the chance to meet any of them face to face yet. Once we get together, I expect I will find the usual, they will be young, excited, and full of passion. We will take that and mold it into some of the best VHL careers we can. London United has some of the most advanced training facilities in the league and we have the talent and leadership in this organization to assist any player who wants to do well to excel. If they put the work in, we can get them there.