John Richards controversial player

John Cimarno

I can't believe John Richards is allowed to just return to the league, no penalty, no punishment, nothing! This is preposterous! The man hasn't played hockey for the better part of 5 seasons and he's out here talking about how he expects a 40 goal 100 point season?! Absolutely preposterous if you ask me. How can you come back from so much time off and expect such high numbers? I mean the guy has produced at a high clip at every level he's played at but never at a 100 point pace! I am so excited to see how this season turns out for him because if he is wrong, you better believe I will be here writing another article voicing my opinions on why you all should've listened to me. An article that I already see being named "I Told You So". 

If Richards does produce and does exceed his own expectations then good for him I will not slight him any bit for doing what he set out to do since before the season even started. Don't get me wrong, I personally think that it is very good to set personal goals for yourself but to set goals as ludicrously as that just shows that you're cocky and arrogant to me. I mean if you're going to set a goal make it reasonable like I can see Richards scoring 90 points but 100 is a reach. 

All in all I think Richards is a very good player and a very kind man off the ice I just had to voice my opinions on his recent words.