A press conference with Molly the Cat

JCarson

Molly the Cat has a written statement they would like to read. Questions from the press will be taken after the announcement. 

Thank you for coming today, I am proud to announce a joint venture between myself and Bauer Canada, one of the best hockey equipment manufacturers. The goal of this joint venture is to produce a line of high-end profession grade hockey equipment but to do it at an affordable price such that anyone can afford to play hockey well. As part of this new initiative, I am going to be completely changing my gear this year to this new line.  

If you look to the screen to your left, you will see some footage of some recent on-ice trials I conducted in the new equipment. I can testify that the support and comfort I experienced in this equipment are fantastic. I want you to pay attention to a couple of things that may not be self-evident from just watching the screen. 

1. The Skates are based on the Bauer Supreme M5 edition but have been redesigned with a slightly higher back for added ankle protection and come with a 2-inch longer blade. After significant research, development and testing it was determined that the slightly longer blade provides greater ice contact which allows for improved maneuverability and speed. During numerous testing runs I was able to increase my top speed on straight aways by 2 km/hour, increase my speed during backwards skating by 0.5 km/hour and most importantly allow for an increase of 5 km/hour on turns. Those numbers may not seem like a lot but in the highly competitive VHL those who win and those who do not are often determined by inches. 

1. The new stick I will be using is designed based on Bauer’s AG5NT stick technology. It is a lightweight but durable composite stick designed to be fully customizable to the player. The typical AG5NT comes with the option of 5 blade structures designed to fit with a variety of playing styles and positional needs. In addition to those blade styles the New Bauer AG6NT will provide 2 additional blade styles, one designed for players who have a strong net front presence, who like a stick more designed to control tips up close and another stick designed for those taking faceoffs. Secondly, the new AG6NT is designed to have more flex options. The standard AG5NT comes with flex ratings of 55 and 65, the new AG6NT will allow for flex ratings of 60 and 70 and a more customized shot experience. 

1. Lastly the helmet is designed to provide added protection to the head region but does that with reduce straps. We all know that many hockey players do not wear their helmet correctly and tend to allow their chin strap to hang loose, done up to meet the VHL requirement but not in any way providing the protection required to improve safety. The new helmet is designed to improve comfort, and better fit to the players head, while eliminating the need for a chin strap. We worked extensively with the league and the president of player safety and are proud to announce that the VHL will be allowing the innovative design starting in season 90, as our research shows it provides improved head protection over the traditional design with the loose chin straps that many players employ. 

Thank you for taking this time to come down for this announcement, I look forward to season 90 and using this new equipment on the ice. As part of this launch, I will be providing 100 sets of equipment to young hockey players in Canada.