Kirby Mini Rambles: WE DID IT!

kirbithan

S49eCMd.jpg

This Mini Rambles is arriving a little late, but we do it in style. HC Davos Dynamo has finally broken our Cup drought of 27 seasons! Snapping the third longest in VHL history. Damn, am I proud to be part of the group that did it! It was a long time coming after so many seasons of heartbreak, and we finally made it back to the Cup Final against Calgary only to fall to them, and then being eliminated by London in the Conference Final the season afterwards. 

But finally, Simon decided that enough was enough and graciously allowed us to lift the coveted Continental Cup! Ahma’s reaction was definitely the highlight of it all. He personifies Davos as a club and if anybody deserved this title, it was him! Also congratulations to Thunder for securing the Kanou. He has been an absolute workhorse ever since being drafted to Davos, and brought his all to help generate offense in every series to get us to the Cup! Both certified Davos legends. Of course, I can’t forget to mention our amazing GM Alex who always formulates the right trades and signings to make our roster the strongest it can be with every season.

To add onto this, Lachlan became an absolute Petan and held down the fort for Davos against Vancouver for four straight wins after unfortunately dropping the first two games with average numbers. 

Game 1: .911 SV%, 4.00 GAA, 41/45 

Game 2: .909 SV%, 4.00 GAA, 40/44

Game 3: .960 SV%, 2.00 GAA, 48/50

Game 4: .974 SV%, 1.00 GAA, 37/38

Game 5: .957 SV%, 2.00 GAA. 44/46

Game 6: .951 SV%, 2.00 GAA, 39/41

Comparing these numbers is like night and day. In the games that we won (Games 3-6), Lachlan didn’t have below a .950 SV% or anything over a 2.00 GAA which was insane. Although these numbers are absolutely spectacular and I couldn’t be happier to have contributed to Davos’ Cup win in such a massive way, I’m not sure if it was my build that produced these stats, Simon’s will, or a mix of both! It was a huge step up for everyone’s favorite Aussie netminder after producing good numbers during the rest of the playoffs, but nothing to write home about. 

In conclusion, let’s go DAVID! And let’s bring home another trophy this season!

Edited by kirbithan