Interview with Newest Cologne Express Captain: Keegan Gamble ft Henry the Crippled Dog (Team Mascot)

Keegan Gamble

Interviewer: Ladies and gentlemen, hockey fans around the world, we have a special treat for you today. I'm here with the newest captain of the Cologne Express in the VHLE, Keegan Gamble. Keegan, congratulations on being named the captain! How does it feel to take on this leadership role, especially after the team's recent championship victory in the Renaissance Cup?

Keegan Gamble: Thank you so much! It's truly an honor to be named the captain of the Cologne Express, especially coming off such an incredible championship win. The energy within the team is electric right now, and I'm excited to keep that momentum going into the new season.

Interviewer: Keegan, it's clear that teamwork and camaraderie play a vital role in the success of any hockey team. Could you tell us a bit about your newly appointed assistant captains, Savaisk Tzesar and John Richards, and what they bring to the leadership group?

Keegan Gamble: Absolutely, I'd be happy to. Savaisk Tzesar and John Richards are both exceptional players and even better individuals. They've been instrumental in fostering a positive atmosphere within our team, and their leadership qualities are truly impressive.

Savaisk is a forward with an unparalleled work ethic. Coming off an incredible season in the VHLM with the champions San Diego Marlins, he put up 34 goals and 81 points in the regular season. His dedication to improving himself and helping his teammates is inspiring. He's the kind of guy who always leads by example, both on and off the ice.

Then we have John, who also came off a stellar season, leading the Bratislava Watchmen with 42 goals and 85 points. He is a forward with a natural ability to motivate and inspire. He's got this sense of when to lighten the mood and when to focus the team's energy. His experience and strong communication skills make him a perfect bridge between the players and the coaching staff.

Together, Savaisk, John, and I form a leadership trio that balances different strengths and styles. We're a united front, working closely to ensure that every player feels valued and motivated. They're both incredibly deserving of their roles, and I'm thrilled to have them by my side as we navigate the challenges of the upcoming season.

Interviewer: General Manager Sijn and Assistant General Manager Fradin must have seen something special in you to entrust you with this role. What qualities or strengths do you think led to their decision?

Keegan Gamble: Well, I think it's a combination of factors. Firstly, I believe my passion for the game and commitment to the team's success have been evident since day one. I've always been vocal on and off the ice, motivating my teammates and pushing us all to be our best. Secondly, I'm a firm believer in leading by example. My performance last season was a testament to that, and I plan on continuing to contribute both on the score sheet and in the locker room. Lastly, I've built strong relationships with my teammates, and I think that friendship and trust are essential for any successful team.

Interviewer: Speaking of your performance, you had an outstanding season with 62 points in the regular season and another 9 points in the playoffs. How do you plan to maintain this level of performance while also shouldering the responsibilities of captaincy?

Keegan Gamble: It's definitely going to be a balancing act, but I thrive on challenges. The captaincy is an added responsibility, but it won't change my approach to the game. I'll continue to focus on my training, work closely with the coaching staff, and collaborate with my teammates to ensure we're all on the same page. It's about finding that sweet spot where my personal performance enhances the team's overall success.

Interviewer: The new season starts tomorrow, and the Express are aiming for a back-to-back championship win. How are you and the team feeling about the upcoming season?

Keegan Gamble: We're all incredibly excited for the new season to start. The taste of victory from last year has only fueled our hunger for more. We know that defending our title won't be easy, as other teams will be gunning for us, but that's the challenge we're embracing. We've been working hard during the offseason to fine-tune our strategies and stay in peak physical condition. There's a palpable determination in the locker room, and we're ready to hit the ice and give it our all.

Interviewer: Before we wrap up, I've heard that the Cologne Express has a rather unique and inspiring team mascot named "Henry the Crippled Dog." Could you share a bit about the story behind this mascot and how it impacts the team's spirit?

Keegan Gamble: Absolutely, I'd love to talk about Henry. Henry is actually my dog (IRL), I got him when I was young and he has been my best friend ever since, as soon as I showed the team my dog, they wanted to make him the team mascot. Henry the Crippled Dog holds a special place in the hearts of every player on the team. He's not just a mascot, he's a symbol of resilience, determination, and overcoming adversity. His story is truly remarkable. Despite facing physical challenges, he's full of life and exudes an unwavering spirit that resonates with all of us.

We often look to Henry as a source of inspiration, a reminder that no matter the obstacles we face, we can always find the strength to push through and keep going. His presence at our games and practices serves as a constant reminder that we're not just playing for ourselves but for each other and our amazing fans. Henry's positive attitude and ability to persevere in the face of adversity mirror the values we uphold as a team.

Interviewer: It's heartwarming to hear how Henry's story has become an integral part of your team's culture. It sounds like his spirit aligns perfectly with the values of dedication and perseverance that you all embrace.

Keegan Gamble: Henry's story reinforces the idea that even when things get tough, we can come together and find a way to rise above. He is a beloved member of our team, his presence in the locker room and on the ice reminds us that we're not alone in our journey. It's a privilege to have him as part of our extended family.

IMG_8091.jpgIMG_7760.png This is Henry :) 

Interviewer: Well, that is all the time we have today! Keegan, with your enthusiasm, dedication, and your incredible mascot, it's clear that the Cologne Express is in good hands. Thank you so much for taking the time to chat with us, Keegan, and best of luck in the upcoming season as the team's new captain!

Keegan Gamble: Thank you! It's been a pleasure talking with you. To all our fans out there, get ready for an exhilarating season of hockey. We're bringing our A-game, and we can't wait to make you proud!

1153 Words - Claiming Week August 21st-27th & August 28th-Sept 3rd

7 minutes ago, Keegan Gamble said:

Interviewer: Ladies and gentlemen, hockey fans around the world, we have a special treat for you today. I'm here with the newest captain of the Cologne Express in the VHLE, Keegan Gamble. Keegan, congratulations on being named the captain! How does it feel to take on this leadership role, especially after the team's recent championship victory in the Renaissance Cup?

Keegan Gamble: Thank you so much! It's truly an honor to be named the captain of the Cologne Express, especially coming off such an incredible championship win. The energy within the team is electric right now, and I'm excited to keep that momentum going into the new season.

Interviewer: Keegan, it's clear that teamwork and camaraderie play a vital role in the success of any hockey team. Could you tell us a bit about your newly appointed assistant captains, Savaisk Tzesar and John Richards, and what they bring to the leadership group?

Keegan Gamble: Absolutely, I'd be happy to. Savaisk Tzesar and John Richards are both exceptional players and even better individuals. They've been instrumental in fostering a positive atmosphere within our team, and their leadership qualities are truly impressive.

Savaisk is a forward with an unparalleled work ethic. Coming off an incredible season in the VHLM with the champions San Diego Marlins, he put up 34 goals and 81 points in the regular season. His dedication to improving himself and helping his teammates is inspiring. He's the kind of guy who always leads by example, both on and off the ice.

Then we have John, who also came off a stellar season, leading the Bratislava Watchmen with 42 goals and 85 points. He is a forward with a natural ability to motivate and inspire. He's got this sense of when to lighten the mood and when to focus the team's energy. His experience and strong communication skills make him a perfect bridge between the players and the coaching staff.

Together, Savaisk, John, and I form a leadership trio that balances different strengths and styles. We're a united front, working closely to ensure that every player feels valued and motivated. They're both incredibly deserving of their roles, and I'm thrilled to have them by my side as we navigate the challenges of the upcoming season.

Interviewer: General Manager Sijn and Assistant General Manager Fradin must have seen something special in you to entrust you with this role. What qualities or strengths do you think led to their decision?

Keegan Gamble: Well, I think it's a combination of factors. Firstly, I believe my passion for the game and commitment to the team's success have been evident since day one. I've always been vocal on and off the ice, motivating my teammates and pushing us all to be our best. Secondly, I'm a firm believer in leading by example. My performance last season was a testament to that, and I plan on continuing to contribute both on the score sheet and in the locker room. Lastly, I've built strong relationships with my teammates, and I think that friendship and trust are essential for any successful team.

Interviewer: Speaking of your performance, you had an outstanding season with 62 points in the regular season and another 9 points in the playoffs. How do you plan to maintain this level of performance while also shouldering the responsibilities of captaincy?

Keegan Gamble: It's definitely going to be a balancing act, but I thrive on challenges. The captaincy is an added responsibility, but it won't change my approach to the game. I'll continue to focus on my training, work closely with the coaching staff, and collaborate with my teammates to ensure we're all on the same page. It's about finding that sweet spot where my personal performance enhances the team's overall success.

Interviewer: The new season starts tomorrow, and the Express are aiming for a back-to-back championship win. How are you and the team feeling about the upcoming season?

Keegan Gamble: We're all incredibly excited for the new season to start. The taste of victory from last year has only fueled our hunger for more. We know that defending our title won't be easy, as other teams will be gunning for us, but that's the challenge we're embracing. We've been working hard during the offseason to fine-tune our strategies and stay in peak physical condition. There's a palpable determination in the locker room, and we're ready to hit the ice and give it our all.

Interviewer: Before we wrap up, I've heard that the Cologne Express has a rather unique and inspiring team mascot named "Henry the Crippled Dog." Could you share a bit about the story behind this mascot and how it impacts the team's spirit?

Keegan Gamble: Absolutely, I'd love to talk about Henry. Henry is actually my dog (IRL), I got him when I was young and he has been my best friend ever since, as soon as I showed the team my dog, they wanted to make him the team mascot. Henry the Crippled Dog holds a special place in the hearts of every player on the team. He's not just a mascot, he's a symbol of resilience, determination, and overcoming adversity. His story is truly remarkable. Despite facing physical challenges, he's full of life and exudes an unwavering spirit that resonates with all of us.

We often look to Henry as a source of inspiration, a reminder that no matter the obstacles we face, we can always find the strength to push through and keep going. His presence at our games and practices serves as a constant reminder that we're not just playing for ourselves but for each other and our amazing fans. Henry's positive attitude and ability to persevere in the face of adversity mirror the values we uphold as a team.

Interviewer: It's heartwarming to hear how Henry's story has become an integral part of your team's culture. It sounds like his spirit aligns perfectly with the values of dedication and perseverance that you all embrace.

Keegan Gamble: Henry's story reinforces the idea that even when things get tough, we can come together and find a way to rise above. He is a beloved member of our team, his presence in the locker room and on the ice reminds us that we're not alone in our journey. It's a privilege to have him as part of our extended family.

IMG_8091.jpgIMG_7760.png This is Henry :) 

Interviewer: Well, that is all the time we have today! Keegan, with your enthusiasm, dedication, and your incredible mascot, it's clear that the Cologne Express is in good hands. Thank you so much for taking the time to chat with us, Keegan, and best of luck in the upcoming season as the team's new captain!

Keegan Gamble: Thank you! It's been a pleasure talking with you. To all our fans out there, get ready for an exhilarating season of hockey. We're bringing our A-game, and we can't wait to make you proud!

1153 Words - Claiming Week August 21st-27th & August 28th-Sept 3rd

I love Henry omg that dog got strenght and hart of a warrior best mascot ever