Season 90, interview with Molly the Cat

JCarson

Season 90, An interview with Molly the Cat 

Molly the Cat, thank you for sitting with us again. It is a warm but rainy afternoon here in London, tonight you will play your first game against the North American Conference, against the Chicago Pheonix. At that point you will be 10 games into the season. Can you tell me how your first few games have felt using your new equipment? 

I felt good the first few games. I feel that the changes and customizations that we made to my equipment have allowed me to pick up my game. I feel more fluid on the ice, like I can move quicker, my turns are crisper. The puck release on my stick is something I am still working on, looking to find a greater degree of control but I do know that I am getting more power on my slap shot than I did previously. 

Molly the Cat let us explore that topic a little further. I have watched your first few games, and it looks like there have been some missed opportunities. They come down to 2 areas. The first is your interaction with your linemates. There have been several passing opportunities off paced, and the puck has ended behind you. Second, you have several shots that missed the net. Can you elaborate on these observations? 

I can’t disagree with your observations. We are all adjusting, after several years you get in the groove and know what is going to happen with a player, you change things just slightly and it can throw off that rhythm. I’m moving faster on the ice and sometimes those passing the puck can’t adjust. We are working on it in practice so that it will work itself out. As for my shot, it has been a little more erratic than normal. I have put a little extra flex in the stick this year, I am gaining some power as a result. Right now, they are clocking my shot between 1 and 2 km/hour faster than my average shot last year. However, I am also getting a little more lift than I have been used to. I have been spending a significant amount of time during practice working on targeting. I expect it will be under control very soon. Once we work through both those issues, I expect to see my production start to increase. I have a good feeling about this season. 

Molly the Cat, I have heard rumor that London United is going to shift some of their lines around for the next few games. Can you comment on that? 

We practice several line combinations during practice in case we need to make changes on the fly. So, I don’t know exactly what rumor you have heard. That said, you may see a few different line combinations over the next few games to see if shaking things up can cause an offensive spark. They won’t be anything new to us, as I noted we have been practicing some varying line combinations just for this sort of situation.