Olumide Anderson Speaks On His First Impressions of His Start in the league

Theory

Olumide Anderson has been on the ice for a handful of games and has been performing relatively well when it comes to the main two stats - goals and assists  - but the team has been relatively up and down, though they are riding a 2-game win streak at the moment. After a grueling 5-4 win against Philadelphia, we spoke to Anderson about his experience thus far throughout his first year in the league:

“I think that I am doing well enough, at least with the levels we are talking about for me. I came into this sport without even knowing the position I would play on the line for Halifax, just believing that I would see the Ice in some capacity. To have not only gotten some significant minutes but be able to score meaningful goals in the process is a dream come true so far. I think that I have to become more adept with the puck, as I am taking way too many shots on goal to really be worried about effectiveness, but at the moment I am just taking things one step at a time, in hopes of being better than I was yesterday.”

With 9 goals in his 15 games played, one can say that he has definitely made a strong impression to begin his career, though he is correct - a shot percentage of 10.67% may be good enough for 4th on the team, but there must be improvements from Anderson to take his game to the next level.