Boga Targets World Cup Space

Bojovnik

Seattle Bears captain Yaroslav Bogatyrev is setting his stall out to be included on the Eastern European roster for the upcoming S90 World Cup. The big-bodied right winger currently has 29 points through his first 23 games, and his growing leadership skills could lead him to play a significant role on a team that could mount a significant challenge for the gold medal.

Bogatyrev impressed in the S88 World Cup, registering 1 goal and 8 assists in 10 appearances, although the Russian forward did not come away with the honours. This time round, Bogatyrev said that he would be targeting the gold.

“I’m hoping that I’m going to be in consideration for the final roster. I feel that I could make a key contribution to the Eastern European team. We have a whole host of talent across the VHL, and I think we would go into the competition as one of the favourites. Of course, it would be a massive honour for me to lead this team. I feel that my experience with Seattle this season is going to be a major asset for me going forward. Winning a gold medal is at the top of my goals,” Bogatyrev said.