VHLE - A. Crosby speaks on goal scoring difficulties

hockeyis66

“Its been a rough and frustrating season so far for me in the “E” from a personal standpoint.  I am near the top 10 in shots in the league with 127 so far this season but only have scored 4 goals for an awful 3% shooting percentage.  This is easily the worst goal scoring drought I have ever had in my hockey career.  Getting 4, 6 or more shots in a game and not being able to score is really putting me down in the dumps cause I feel like I am not contributing to the team and helping us win.  The coaches and other players have been positive and trying to keep me upbeat and have even tried moving me around on different lines to jump start my goal scoring.”

“Despite my lack of goal scoring, the team has continued to do well as we are still in the top 5 and in a playoff spot.  Our goalies continue to be outstanding and give us a chance to win every game even when the offense is struggling to score goals.  Coach mixed up the lines a bit and we will have to give it a handful of games to see if we can generate more offense on a consistent basis”

words: 210