From San Diego to Yukon - Rave Prepares for JST

tcookie

With his San Diego Marlins squad eliminated from post-season contention, Phillip Rave has turned his attention to preparing for the S91 VHL Entry Draft. Projected to go somewhere around the early-2nd round, Rave hopes to build on the name he's made for himself with a 74-point VHLM campaign (plus 15 points in 11 playoff games) with strong showings in the VHL's prospect events, including the annual combine and the Junior Showcase Tournament.

Rave was selected 15th in the Junior Showcase Tournament draft by the Yukon Rush and will head there to begin practicing with his new team for the event, an annual congregation of the top VHLM players attended by many VHL scouts.

"It'll be fun, it's a unique event and a great experience. I get to play alongside a lot of guys I have been competing with all season so it's neat in that way. And obviously you want to look good in front of the scouts and hopefully earn your way up in the draft. I'm excited, just want to get back on the ice. Our season in San Diego ended too early," says Rave.

Going from San Diego to Yukon will be a big change in pretty much every way off the ice, but this showcase is all about the hockey, says Rave. "It's all the same once you get out there on the ice and that's what this is about. Yukon is a pretty established brand out there that a lot of people feel belong in the VHLM and even going back and forth to practices you notice the fans care here. Hopefully we can bring 'em a JST win."