C.G.Y Janser on a flat hunt

Daniel Janser

Callum started immediately working the phones to find a suitable accommodation in Vasteras as well as New York City. Especially the latter proved to be a royal pain in the neck. He was so busy, he almost missed a call from his gramps. Kurt advised that he will order a new yacht, as per Cal's suggestion that a new build would be more efficient than a rebuild of the trusty 'Chancer'. So he offered to put his All Seas 92 at anchor in the port of Vasteras, during his grandson's stay in Sweden. After that he will sell her in the used yacht market.

When the Calgary native asked his grandfather what the rent will be, Kurt got angry: 'Don't be daft, boy. We are family. Besides, you worked many an hour on that vessel without asking for pay. What kind of person would I be, if I charged you a single penny for your stay?' Callum of course knew when to give in to the former Istanbul GM and thanked him for his offer and accepted it.

Bildergebnis für allseas 92

Callum's temporary home in Vasteras.

That only left NYC to tackle. After going through dozens of ads in the usual real estate home pages, he got a text from his future team mate Francesco Mancini.

'Dude, have you already found a place to stay in New York?'

'Nah, so far something was always wrong. Either the price, the commute or something else.'

'Listen, Cal. I have an uncle in the real estate business who happens to have a vacancy. It is a penthouse loft in Mulberry Street which is also a rent-controlled flat.'

'That is amazing, what is the catch?'

'There is no catch, my uncle is a big Americans fan. Well, there is a small catch to it. You cannot stay there should you ever leave the Americans' organization.'

'That is fair enough. This is an offer I cannot refuse.'

'Funny you should say that, my uncle said the exact same thing.'

'What?'

'Eh,fuggedabowdit. I was just thinkin' aloud.'

Marlon Brando Godfather GIF by Filmin

Mancini's uncle (probably)

Spoiler

Edited by Daniel Janser