Proposed amendment to the update scale

scoop

It's no secret that the update scale heavily punishes players who earn higher amounts of TPE than others. As I currently have one of those elite players, obviously I am going to campaign for a change to the update scale that would benefit me. My proposed change would also help alleviate some of the problem with depreciation.

Right now, it takes 225 TPE to get a hybrid attribute from 0 to 99. I have a couple proposals for the update scale, and with the first one, I'm going to try to keep that amount roughly the same. I am going to modify when the scale starts to hit, because it is absolutely ludicrous that it ever takes 10 TPE just to increase a couple STHS attribute points by a fraction. Going from 95 to 96 in an attribute is worth absolutely no more than going from 60 to 61, so why should the update scale be so harsh? Here's the first proposal:

0 to 40: 1 TPE

40 to 60: 2 TPE

60 to 80: 3 TPE

80 to 90: 4 TPE

90 to 99: 5 TPE

The difference is clear. As we have it currently, it takes 95 TPE to get an attribute from 0 to 80. With this proposed update, it would take 140. But this makes more sense. Okay, to be honest, I can see why this proposal might not be the best, particularly for retention's sake. For new players, having to deal with the update scale at such an early stage may be discouraging. So that's where the second proposal comes in.

0 to 60: 1 TPE

60 to 70: 2 TPE

70 to 80: 3 TPE

80 to 90: 4 TPE

90 to 99: 5 TPE

With this update scale, it would take 195 TPE to go from 0 to 99, which is 30 less than the current setup. But honestly, that's fine. People aren't going to 99 anyway, so I don't think we are going to have an issue of players "maxing out" there builds. And if any do get to that point, it will be a select few and congrats to them. This gives players the option to go above 90 without knowing that it really isn't worth it at all. This scale would still allow players to avoid the update scale all the way up to 60, and then very neatly, it just gets slightly more difficult at every ten.

Either of my proposals just looks better from a pattern standpoint than the wild update scale that we currently have. It is, quite frankly, atrocious to look at. Why are 70 to 80 and 90 to 99 split up, but 80 to 90 isn't? What is the rationale behind that.