Anderson Remains Mysterious as to Progression

Theory

The development of Olumide Anderson has been something to watch thus far. While it may not look it, the Wing has learned to develop some sort of offensive vision and has seen increases in his assists from his previous season - all while becoming faster than last season as well. The Reapers, Olu’s new team, have recently been on a five-game winning streak while having the third-highest goal differential in the VHLM. 

Anderson still thinks it is not enough.

“The goal when I first got to the league”, he stated after a solid outing against his former team, “was to establish a presence; I feel like I can be a great player if I continue to try to dominate with speed alone, forcing opponents to choose what to take away with less time, but that can’t be all of my game”. Many would think he is out of his mind to say that he wants to expand his game beyond what he is at the moment, but Olumide went on to explain that his presence could be better with being able to be a multi-faceted player, mentioning that his stats may have been improving but that there were many losses he could have been better at. At this rate, he’s had as many goals as last season and is currently building a solid resume as a contributor - logging almost 75% of his total assists last season with much of the season left to go. Time will tell where Anderson wants to expand his game to, but one thing is for certain: he sees each current game as a microcosm of his successes and failures, and will work to be better at something down the line.