Rave Unbothered by Slow Production in Season's First Half

tcookie

With 4 goals and 8 points through 38 games in his VHLE rookie season, it's safe to say the first half of the year hasn't quite gone the way Phillip Rave would've hoped.

"At the end of the day, we've got a team that's playing pretty well; we're maybe a little inconsistent, but it's clearly a good squad with great guys. I love coming to work every day and that's a great sign. We've just got a few things to tighten up," says Rave. "And that's all you can ask for - when you play the right way, the points will come."

Yet his slow production has caused the question to start to be asked: will he actually be able to step into the VHL next year? Rave has been open about that being his goal, but many VHLE players hoping to make that jump have been significantly more productive than he has this year.

"Like I said," mentioned Rave, "the production is going to come when you play the right way. I'm fortunate enough to play for a strong team with a lot of depth and what I need to focus on is just getting better every day and hopefully, making some noise here in the playoffs with this team. I've had conversations with Malmo and worrying about what happens a season down the road is not really conducive to winning games right now... we'll cross that bridge when we get there. It's a long season."