Chasing 600

Gaikoku-hito

Lionel Messi Football GIF by Sports GIFs

Chasing 600pts

I remember with Robert Bouchard, my first player that 600pts was something that I really wanted to reach but, in the end, fell rather shot of the goal by 16pts. It was disappointing as three straight seasons of 100 points weren`t enough for the slow starting Prague Phantom player to reach the goal. It was a good career but in the end nothing really special as he also didn`t take home any awards; other than the S75 Founder`s Cup with Philadelphia Reapers. Not even sure that he even earned media in the WJC or WC. Found it in a victor spreadsheet and yes, Robert Bouchard had won a gold medal in the World Cup in S80 with Canada and silver in the World Junior Championship.

Robert Bouchard is currently 176 overall in Career points and really should be over taken by many more players to come and I am also understanding that maybe 600pts isn`t that big of deal after all since 8 pages of players have reached at least 600pts or 163 current players have reached this milestone.

41 of the players to reach this goal have been defenders and 12 of these players spent time at forward; So, is the 600pts a big deal for a defender like Pierre Emile Bouchard?

Season 9 Yes GIF by Friends

Yes.

Pierre Emile Bouchard is currently on pace for 82-83 points this season so should have 579 points in around 578 games; which for me is always impress to be a point per game player through your career. So, in this ninth season he will be 21pts short of 600pts and barring a complete collapse in offensive ability he should be able to at least get 21pts. If he manages to collect in the 70-80 range, he will have around 650-660pts; which would put him top 20 in all-time career points by defenseman.

In the end that should be a career feat being proud of even if it took a full nine season to reach these heights.

Awesome Lebron James GIF