George Richmond and the Ottawa Lynx Heading to the Second Round

badcolethetitan

George Richmond and the Ottawa Lynx Heading to the Second Round

GeorgeRichmondSig2.png?ex=654d560c&is=65

Regular Season Recap

Out of the draft, where he was drafted 11th overall, Richmond had something to prove to the general managers in the VHLM. A player who was projected to go in the top 3, now slid outside of the first round entirely, did raise some question marks for Richmond. However, he had a fantastic season, putting up 101 points with the Lynx, with 46 goals and 55 assists, and a +44 on the season. Richmond was a top ten player this season and helped lead his team to the playoffs, where they'd be taking on the Miami Marauders.

Playoffs vs. the Miami Marauders

The first round matchup for the Lynx had them favored, however, they still had to show up and take care of business. It was going to be a tough series, as despite Miami not having the best roster, they still had put up a fairly solid record and were going to be a difficult opponent. It took the Lynx five games, where they ultimately would take down the Marauders. Led by Richmond, who had 13 points in just 5 games, they'd be moving onto the second round, where they would be playing the Philadelphia Reapers. A tough opponent lays ahead of them if Richmond wants to win a cup, but his eyes are more focused on the future, the VHL and VHLE draft. We spoke to Richmond and his thoughts, to which he said, "I mean obviously I do still care about my performance in the M and I want to win a cup with Ottawa. They ended up drafting me at 11th overall and despite sliding, they knew that it was the right decision. Ultimately though, my stint in Ottawa will be short, and I'm looking forward to see where I go in the VHL and also the VHLE, where I will spend one season down in the E. I will be in attendance for the VHL lottery, and my plan is to attempt to go first overall again. At the end of the day though, I would love to play for any organization that is willing to call my name."

Chicago Phoenix First Round Matchup

The Chicago Phoenix will be taking on the Toronto Legion in the first round, where they are heavy underdogs. Many people have Chicago going out in the first round, without winning a single game. Yes, the TPE gap is insane, actually 300+ on average, but Chicago has magically found themselves in the playoffs and kept games close. The biggest question mark for Chicago is going to be if they are truly ready for the playoffs, and can they contend with some of the best teams in the league. The team itself is built off of Scotty Sundin, and if he gets shut down, this could be a very one sided series. However, if he's able to continue his play and pick up where he ended off in regular season, it could be a good series that could be closer than people expect. I will be happy if we can keep this series close and give Toronto a run for their money, as we aren't even supposed to be in this spot.