#AsktheBouch: Stupid Q&A

Gaikoku-hito

Pierre Emile Bouchard @Gaikoku-hito has found a new home and has simple been finding his stride during the playoffs with the Helsinki Titans as they enter the European Conference Finals against London United. Bouchard has simple been amazing leading the team in scoring through the Wildcard round and is still right up with the leaders in the league heading into the Conference Finals.

We managed to sit down with Pierre Emile Bouchard before the first two games of the European Conference Finals for a quick interview:

Q: What does it mean to lead your team in scoring through the first round of the playoffs?

A: It means other need to be better as a defender should never lead your team in scoring. While I am known I guess as really good offensive defenseman my job is really to assist in the scoring as my first focus is defense. Even more so when it comes to playoffs.

Q: So, your stats really don`t matter when it comes to playoffs?

A: Not at all!! What matters is a collective group we are doing everything we can to lead the team to victory and if you win enough times, it means you will be holding the cup at the end of the season. Stats simple show that I have done my job.

Q: Did you expect Helsinki Titans to be in the Conference Finals with a chance to punch a ticket to the finals?

A: When I was asked to wave my no trade to be traded to Helsinki it was also in the hopes that we would be in the finals lifting the cup at the end of this season or next season. We had an up and down season but in the end it really doesn`t matter as long as you show up to the dance. Now we are dancing and hopefully at the end of the night we are the kings or queens of the dance!! LOL!

Q: Would the season be a disappointment if you don`t win the cup?

A: Of Course, but at the same time we should always be proud of the work that we have done since we will at the end of the day have given everything that we had in trying to win the Championship and that is really all you can ask.

Q: Last question, you had a great season stat wise and should be consider for a few awards at the end of the season do you think you will win any awards and would you be disappointed if you didn`t win any?

A: You control only what you can control and yes, I have some good stats this season but I am not the one that hands out the awards at the end of the season so I have no say in any of those awards but I do control my chances of winning the most important award in the Continental Cup and that is always my focus.