Putting the Work in the Pro-Am

CALGARY - Sometimes the offseason can prove to be a long wait for some players. One of those eager players is young Wranglers center Raimo Tuominen. Coming off of his rookie season- one which he was a bit underwhelming- he has been eager to ply his trade again in a second season. However, since it’s the offseason, he instead decided to join the Pro-Am once again. Raimo has been learning from his time in the VHL Pro-Am and has been getting tips from older forwards, including Wranglers legend Daniel Janser.

“That was cool. I mean, sure, I got to meet him across the ice and I may have lined up some hits against him as an opponent. But I got to meet a franchise icon, play WITH him, and witness his play firsthand as a teammate. I don’t know about the others but I was a bit star struck seeing him there.”

Raimo has worked on his offensive game and has looked solid so far, producing at a steady rate. He’s been looking to build some consistency, which still needs some work, but he is trying his hardest to improve himself. It is just Pro-Am but he wants to take this opportunity to develop into a player that can contribute to his team.

Go Santa's Naughty Elves!

Edited by SlapshotWrangler