The Wrangler Waypoint

Phil

Phil Strasmore is entering his 8th season and is fully depreciated, but it’s actually not been too horrid a start for the veteran defenseman. 

The Wranglers stumbled out of the gate initially but since the first set of games, they have been on fire. They currently sit second in the conference with a record of 6-2-2 for 14 points. Strasmore has already got 7 assists and a healthy 38 hits, good enough to be the 7th most in the league. 

Calgary are gelling well together at the moment. This is the second season this group has played together, and under the guidance of GM @leandrofg.  The new Maestro even added a couple of great pieces during the off-season, going down to McDonald’s to pick up another type of McFleury and then to the Vatican to get a Pope. There is an energized buzz in Calgary that wasn’t quite there at the beginning of the season. This team should continue keep the crowds excited in Alberta! 

“We got some spunk in the locker room which will help translate into energy on ice,” Strasmore tells us. “I hope I can impart some of my experience on the newer players so they can continue to grow and develop their careers with the team.”