"Grateful," says Lawson on Houston allowing him to shine.

Nyx

Tyler Lawson, the Houston Bull's recently acquired center, is reportedly

'very grateful' for his position with the team as of late

by Terrance Williams • Jan 22nd, 2024

Hoping to snag an interview from a Bull's team that's looked extremely tuned in as of late, we were very fortunate to grab Tyler Lawson as he was caught exiting the locker room for a few questions. "Well, Lawson, I think it's fair to say you've made a solid impact on this team as of your signing. Five points in eight games isn't bad at all; as a midseason signing for the Bulls, how do you feel about the role they're playing you in at this point in the season?"

"Well, err, I think they're definitely utilizing me properly - ah, they've got me playing big minutes in my primary position, I mean, that alone is a pretty great spot to be in as a young player I feel like," he said with a laugh before continuing, "Nah, but really, I'm very grateful for this squad and, ah, them taking a chance on me. I scored quite a few times on the second line - err, I feel like I must've shown them something as I've been moved up to first line recently, which I think is so huge for me and it's going to be awesome. I know for a team that's really been in a groove as of late, I'm honestly quite honored to be considered for first-line minutes. I think this team has something special going on, and to be allowed to and, uh, to be given the chance to be in the heart of it all, it's awesome. Yeah, it's just been really cool, man."

"What a wonderful story, thank you for providing your insight on that, Tyler. I know you've probably got places to be - so one last question, if you will. Houston seems to be sitting pretty comfortably within the standings even if you all may not be where you currently want to be or feel like you deserve to be. Going into these games, what would you say has been the team's approach?"

"It's cliche, and uh, I hope you're not angry with an answer like this one, but we're just taking it one game at a time, truthfully. In a position like ours, down from second by what - one, two points? Um, we're very close to where we want to be, and if we keep winning the way we've shown the ability to, uh, I think we'll be just fine." 

"Thank you, Tyler, we appreciate you taking the time to talk to us. Always a pleasure," the reporter said before shifting their attention quickly to the camera in front of the pair as Tyler thanked them and moved on, his gear bag slung over his shoulder as he exited the facility. The anchor continued droning on about the state of the team and the standings, hoping for another lucky interview to fall into their lap as the crew sat outside the locker room.