London United Press Conference Week of Feb 4 2024

Okay so since this is theme week we will be doing a theme week related press conference

1) If we did a all star game tournament where each team was chosen based on draft year, which draft class between season 75 and 85 would win, why?

2) Do you think you would make your draft class all start team, why, why not?

3) If you had to draft a VHLM all star team, who would be your first puck, why?

4) On an all star team which position is most important? Why?

5) Should the VHL reinstate the all star game, why, why not?

6) For season 100 celebrations should we do a decades team, all star tournament (season 1-10 has a team, season 11-20, etc) why or why not

3 minutes ago, JCarson said:

Okay so since this is theme week we will be doing a theme week related press conference

1) If we did a all star game tournament where each team was chosen based on draft year, which draft class between season 75 and 85 would win, why?

6) For season 100 celebrations should we do a decades team, all star tournament (season 1-10 has a team, season 11-20, etc) why or why not

1. 85! I mean, I just built the team in my media spot and Teno is on it so you know it's gonna kick ass. 

2. I think so. Jesse is still one of the top goalies despite not having a great season stats wise. 

3. Vanellope von Schweetz. Mostly because it's a veteran member and I don't really have any other reason because I have not been following the M at all. 

4. I think Center. If you're pulling guys from all different teams, you need a center for them to rally around as their main guy and I think they help pull the team together. 

5. Sure! It's before my time but I feel like it would be a good extra thing to have. 

6. Maybe not a decades team because I'm sure the attributes will be widely different from s1 to s100. But I do think some sort of tournament to celebrate would be good. 

On 2/3/2024 at 12:08 AM, JCarson said:

1) Well I Know it's not an option but I think the S86 draft is pretty stacked

2) I don't think so, I was very late in my earning habits so I'm not sure I'd be part of that

3) All time or current, going of all-time gotta go with my own player the VHLM legend :D if currently possibly Wayne Shotzky guy scores goals

4) Ooh, tricky one potentially goalie or centre in my opinion!

5) Yeah why not would make the seasons a bit more exciting and encourage players to earn more TPE within their draft years to gain a spot on the roster!
6) That's a really cool concept I dont see why not the only issue is a lot of players who played the older seasons won't be around anymore and a lot of currently active players won't make the rosters.

1. Oh, that's before my first gen player's draft class. I've never been into history, so I can't really say, I don't know all the players. Was Daniel Janser in one of the classes? If he was, definitely his class!

2. Oh, that's tough. The Frenchman and Daryl Dixon are the clear-cut forwards no. 1 and no. 2. The last spot would come to Bogatyrev or Kerr. Kerr has been ever so slightly more productive than Bogatyrev, but Bog has played one more season in the VHL. I'd say it's a coin toss.

3. Jean-Pierre Devote, he's been so good as a two-way player. I believe he will be a top 3 scorer in the league in the end.

4. You have to go with a forward first in my opinion, a fantastic two-way scorer to be your MVP.

5. Yes, I think it could be fun! Let the members elect 4 captains, then let the captains draft their 3F 2D 1G teams, with some restriction, like 3 players from one team at most.

6. Why not, but personally the only thing I'd be interested in would be to see how hybrid era players would do against pre-hybrid era players.

On 2/2/2024 at 7:08 PM, JCarson said:

So SDM doesn't have one this week so... I'm doing this one!

1. S81, or S84, both are super stacked classes, though I'm leaning towards S81 because of Janser, just like Mr. Wann Kerr said.

2. Y E S, S93 all star team right now hasn't done much but Devote being one of the best VHLM players right now including first to 20, 30, and 40 goals this season says something.

3. Devote, Forum Content, and Nabokov are all super close right now so I'd say it could go to any of those three, I'm definitely biased towards Devote though.

4. Goalie probably, since in most all star games there is very little defense, so having an insane goalie helps quite a bit.

5. Hell yeah, even if it's just the selections, I liked the top prospects game, and I'm totally not influenced by Retoslav being the MVP or anything in S83...

6. That's an awesome idea to be honest, I feel like the amount of engagement possible from that is huge and it'd be really cool to see that.