"It feels incredible," says Lawson on his point-per-game performance so far.

Nyx

With 34 appearances under his belt to this point in the season, Tyler Lawson -- the late signee for the Houston Bulls, has gotten enough games under his belt to solidify himself as a contributor to this team's success, and as a player who's become one to watch, as there's no doubt that there is a place for him in this league, much to the dismay of those surprised by his signing a few weeks back. In his 34 appearances, he's managed to put up 34 points in a point-per-game display - amazing for a player to come into a team and manage to mesh so well into the team and it's tactics and put up such a stellar performance. Luckily, we were able to grab an interview from the rising talent to get a few words on what he thought of his performance.

"Oh, well, I mean -- err, truth be told, I don't pay attention to any of that," he laughed at the notion, "I mean, it's great, don't get me wrong, but I don't keep tabs on my points or anything. I just go out there and try to score - or put a teammate in position to. It's as simple as that, really, but it does feel incredible. I'm playing very well, perhaps the best I ever have, and even though we may be a bit down on our luck, y'know having a bit of a rough patch, we're an incredible team and I have no doubt we can bounce back. I will say, it is pretty cool of you to mention that though, a point-per-game is a pretty cool statistic, just not something I'd usually, err, look at. That's awesome, though, really." 

Tyler gazed off to the locker room, patting the reporter on their back slightly, mouthing a small 'thanks' before quickly skating off to the locker room after a tough loss to the Ottawa Lynx. They'd let up four goals in the first, and nearly came back, netting an end-score of 4-3 but were unfortunately unable to get it done. 

Bottom line, it seems as if Lawson cares far less about this kind of performance, instead opting for team success as his main priority. However, with his knack for goal-scoring and putting teammates in positions to score, he will likely look to uphold his performance as the season goes on. At the moment, it seems that only time will tell as the season continues marching towards the postseason.