Tyler Lawson 'ecstatic' over early contribution to Bull's playoff success

Nyx

Tyler Lawson raised a fist in the air triumphantly, screaming all sorts of words - celebrating his first playoff win in, well, a league that mattered. As odd of a time as it was to think back to his UCLA days, he had never had the chance to make the playoffs there due in part to his injury. He quickly shook the thought off, indulging in the moment and enjoying it all as it washed over him. He skated over to his teammates, McOckiner and Abenduct, who had been two of his other teammates who had helped the team by getting goals on the board to lead Houston to a 3-2 win over San Diego. He wrapped his arms around their shoulders, cheering them on and hyping them up - reminding the other two to savor this moment, this winning feeling. 

It felt as if he could've kept on celebrating the win forever, honestly, as the trio made their way to celebrate with the rest of the team. As the three did, however, he felt a tap on his shoulder - and he turned, he was met by a member of the press hoping for a quote, he figured. Due to the wide smile of the reporter, he guessed that they were a friendly - or rather, some sort of Bulls fan or supporter, so he obliged. He would remove his helmet, sweat trickling down from his hair as he did and running along his forehead. As the interviewer questioned him on the feeling of scoring his first-ever playoff goal, he met her question a bit of a dopey smile. Having just had such a performance, and after playing first line in such a competitive game, he felt as if he was running on fumes.

"Well, I have to say, that might've been the best feeling I've ever had on an ice-hockey rink," he said through a laugh in a slow and tired tone, "I, uhm, don't know, it's amazing. I never would've guessed I was going to make this kind of impact so quickly in the postseason. I have to say, though, the playoffs really are another level, I am winded. God, I need a drin-", the 19 year old started before quickly deciding to hold his tongue. "Err, yeah, great game. Thank you," he smirked, patting the reporter on the back before skating off to exit the rink.