Jacob Stone's cousin makes first start for high school hockey team

scoop

Howdy, reader. The purpose of this article is to give a quite earlier preview to my next player. No, I will not be cutting Jacob Stone's career short of nine seasons, but I needed something to write about. I've known for a while what I am planning to do with my next player, so it'll be an easy subject to write a quickie article about.

Evangeline Glover made her first start for [undecided Minnesota high school] in tonight's game against [a different high school], and she put on a show. The freshman goaltender made 29 in her debut, including 16 in the third period to preserve a 2-1 lead as the [high school mascots] spent a good portion of the final frame on the penalty kill. She was named the first star of the game, and more importantly, may have earned herself more starts in the future.

All the playing time she can get will be very important for her development into a professional hockey player. She comes from a successful hockey family, with both her great-grandpa Benjamin Glover and her great-aunt Diana Maxwell being first-ballot Hall of Famers in the Victory Hockey League. Her cousin, Jacob Stone, currently plays in the VHL for the Malmo Nighthawks. Sure enough, Evangeline also has her heart set on playing in the VHL one day. With the way her timeline looks, she could potentially be a part of the S99 or S100 draft.