Summers Comments on Move to Warsaw

ice hockey sport GIF by NHL

WARSAW, PL — It has been a week since Lachlan Summers, Davos' Cup-winning goaltender and team icon for so many seasons, had been dealt to the Warsaw Predators in a blockbuster deal that saw Davos sending Summers and two 4ths in exchange for Warsaw’s S95 1st round pick, Karl Pedersen, Sunset Moth, and Dwight Shcrute. The move may have come from a surprise to some, but Davos has committed to a full rebuild and had to part with their veteran goaltender.

There’s no hard feelings with the move. I think this was the best decision for both teams and I respect that as a player. I also appreciate that I wasn’t blindsided. I was told about a week in advance about a possible trade and got time to sort of come to terms with that,” commented Summers as he arrived at the Warsaw rink for the first time.

Summers had just come off an extremely disappointing 17-40-6 season, with a .922 SV% and 3.04 GAA, although it was no surprise that Davos would struggle during S92 after losing most of their veteran players aside from Summers and fan favorite: captain David Jokinen. 

It was an unforgettable run with Davos and I can't thank everyone in the organization enough for my time there, and I just want to play well, no matter what city I’m in. I want to be an asset to the Preds and bring home a championship for the team and the fans. They’ve offered me a warm welcome and I hope to make them proud.