On the Eve of the New Season

Sitting in his brand new apartment in the capital city of Nova Scotia, Canada, just days after being drafted sixth overall by the Halifax 21st, Andrew Skilton can’t get the start of the VHLM season out of his mind. Ever since he heard his name called he’s just wanted to throw on his gear and his brand-new jersey and hit the ice with his team. Having had a few conversations with his teammates, Skilton can tell that they feel the same way, but time travel isn’t possible yet and patience is in short supply these days. In the meantime, he waits. Watching film, training hard, and envisioning what it’s like to be in the blue and white across from his opponents. 

Being his first season in a league different from anything he’s ever been in, Andrew wants to make an impression on the fanbase, GM, and his teammates. He went higher in the draft than he had ever expected and he wants to make sure nobody comes to regret it. 

He wants to let the league know; he’s ready for any challenge they throw at him and the 21st. Bring it on!

Congrats on being drafted, can say I was both surprised and not surprised when you went as high as you did. I wish you the best career in Halifax and wherever you go next. But I also hope you always lose to Ottawa.

Edited by Hogan