Loo Interviews and Saskatoon Game Recaps

Misty

(I decided to try something new (for me) here, one thing before you start reading, some players are referred to as [REDACTED] because these players are the BOTS and the bot names aren’t the prettiest so they are [REDACTED].)

Oliver Loo, being drafted 5th by the Saskatoon Wild in the S93 dispersal draft has a lot to prove with his previous career. During Oliver Loo’s short time with the Miami Marauders, he had hoped to help them with their goal of winning the Founders Cup. Within 48 games in the regular season, Oliver Loo had only managed to produce a low 10 points. In the upcoming playoffs, he would find himself falling short once again with 11 games and only 3 points. With this track record, he would hope to prove himself with the Saskatoon Wild in S93 and prove himself he would.

I’m going to be going over brief, rather short game recaps with little interviews between. In most if not all of these games Oliver Loo gets a few more points added to his career.

}----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------{

Game #3
Saskatoon Wild vs Miami Marauders
[5 - 1]

Period #1;

Within the first period of the game, despite both teams garnering a number of penalties, four for Miami and two for Saskatoon. Leo Neelson III would get the first goal of the game, assisted by both Jacob Longstreet and Oliver Loo, setting the tone for the rest of the game as soon after Oliver Loo would get another one past Miami’s starting goaltender, assisted by Jacob Longstreet. The first period coming to a close with two goals for Saskatoon.

Period #2;

This period started with a power play for the Saskatoon Wild, allowing Oliver Loo to score forty-nine seconds into the period, being assisted by Lazlo Holmes. Eight minutes later the Miami Marauders would get their first goal of the game as Marek Nowaczyk managed to get one past Auston Goulet III, Armas Jortikka and Russell Sprout assisting their fellow Marauder. Slowing the Saskatoon Wild’s momentum for just a moment, but not long enough as Micah Cederbaum would put one in the net with the help of Leon Bruhmaninho and Carson Tripp causing the Miami Marauders to pull their goalie and put Marc-Andre Fleury in net. The rest of the period being uneventful.

Period #3; 

Period three would be a rather slow one, with only one goal from Leon Bruhmaninho, assisted by Oliver Loo and Dakota Nachbaur during a power play. The rest of the game being filled with penalties, all three of them being from Miami.

Game End.

/ Goalies \

Saskatoon Wild
Austin Goulet III with 22 saves from 23 shots, only letting one in.

Miami Marauders
[REDACTED] with 19 saves from 23 shots, letting four in.
Marc-Andre Fleury with 9 saves from 20 shots, only letting one in.

}----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------{

After-Game Interview with Oliver Loo:

|That was a good game for you guys, what do you think contributed to your team’s success?|

“Well we work well together, I don’t think a single guy on our team wants to see us fail. And not to mention, the coaching staff is amazing, they’ve been pushing us to succeed more than ever.”

|What about you? You got four points tonight, what contributed to your success?|

“Once again, the coaching staff but most importantly my teammates. If I didn’t have the guys that I do by my side, on the ice, I don’t think I’d have as much success as I do.”

|What does your team plan to do to continue this success?|

“We’re just going to keep doing what we’re doing, this momentum will carry into the next game and into the next. We’ll be on a streak if we play our cards right.”

Interview Close.

Game #8
Saskatoon Wild vs Mexico City Kings
[2 - 1]

Period #1;

The first period was a slow one, with no goals but a constant back and forth between the teams, from one end to another. The only results being a few penalties for both teams, two for Saskatoon and two for Mexico City.

Period #2;

The slow pace of the game continued into this period, until around the sixteen-minute mark, after one of the Mexico City players had gotten a penalty, Carson Tripp put one in the back of the net, being assisted by Jacob Longstreet and Oliver Loo, putting his team in the lead by one goal. The teams continuing their back and forth for the remainder of the period.

Period #3;

The last period started off strong, after the first minute of the game Leon Bruhmaninho with the assistance of Carson Tripp and Dakota Nachbaur, increasing the Saskatoon Wilds lead and giving their goaltender some necessary reassurance. Following the ten-minute mark of the period, Anthony Simmons II tried to bring it back for his team, with the help of Felicia Hardy and French Fries. The effort would prove to be fruitless as the minutes trickled down to the end with no goals.

Game End.

/ Goalies \

Saskatoon Wild
Da TypThond with 21 saves from 22 shots, only letting one in.

Mexico City Kings
Connor Hellebuyck with 26 saves from 28 shots, letting two in.

|You were rough out there, any reason for that?|

“Ah, there was nothing personal if that’s what you’re asking, just a good game of hockey.”

|Even with that roughing call in the third period?|

“Like I said, it’s just a good game of hockey. Lots of teams play a physical game out there.”

Interview Close.

Game #13
Mississauga Hounds vs Saskatoon Wild
[3 - 5]

Period #1;

We start our game off with a busy first period, with Carson Tripp scoring within four minutes of the period with the assistance of Leon Bruhmaninho and Micah Cederbaum. Seven minutes later, Jacob Longstreet dumped one in the back of the net, Leo Neelson III and Oliver Loo assisting him. Around two minutes later the first penalty of the game would be called, giving the Saskatoon Wild a power-play goal from Oliver Loo, helped by Micah Cederbaum. The Mississauga Hounds would get some momentum back with a goal from Yuki Ishikawa, who was aided by Clapbomb Bardownski III, while the Saskatoon Wild would maintain their momentum with the final goal of the period coming from Oliver Loo, being assisted by Jacob Longstreet and Leo Neelson III. In addition to that the period would end with three penalties, two to Mississauga and one to Saskatoon.

Period #2;

A boarding penalty is what gets this period going, the Mississauga Hounds getting a power play goal from Toby Cook, assisted by the likes of Yuki Ishikawa and Clapbomb Bardownski III. The next goal coming in two minutes right behind it, coming from Oliver Loo, with the help of Leon Bruhmaninho and Micah Cederbaum. The final goal of this period is scored by Jack Dickins, assisted by Taylor Swift and Toby Cook, the Mississauga Hounds trying their best to bring it back. The period ending with three penalties once again, one for Saskatoon and two for Mississauga.

Period #3;

No goals for this period, the teams going back and forth, Saskatoon trying to maintain their two-goal lead while Mississauga tries to shorten it and get ahead. Nothing would change, however, except for two penalties from Saskatoon.

Game End.

/ Goalies \

Saskatoon Wild
Austin Goulet III with 12 saves from 15 shots, letting three in.

Mississauga Hounds
Shaunca with 28 saves from 33 shots, letting five in.

|Congratulations on your first career hat trick, how do you feel?|

“I feel amazing, seeing all those hats on the ice… I never thought it would be for me. But of course, I gotta thank my teammates for that, Leo, Micah, Jacob. All of them really.”

|How do you plan to keep this momentum for your team going?|

“We just gotta keep doing what we’re doing, it’s got us this far already.”

|Going back to what you said before, do you think your team can keep the streak alive?|

“Of course, we have a lot of guys that are here to win. If we keep going the way that we are, we might be able to win that cup down the line.”

Game #18
Saskatoon Wild vs Mexico City Kings
[4 - 2]

Period #1;

A three-goal period for the Saskatoon Wild, the first one right out the gate was from Bollos de Trueno, being assisted by Lazlo Holmes and Oliver Loo. The second was eight minutes later, put in the back of the net by Carson Tripp, helped by Dakota Nachbaur. The last and final goal of this period was put in by Dakota Nachbaur, aided by his teammates Leon Bruhmaninho and Carson Tripp. The period ending with five penalties, two for Mexico City and three for Saskatoon.

Period #2;

Nine minutes into the period is when the action starts in this one, the Mexico City Kings putting one into the net. [REDACTED], being assisted by [REDACTED], as they try to push back against Saskatoon. During a powerplay at the sixteen-minute mark, Carson Tripp, while being assisted by Lazlo Holmes and Leo Neelson III, managed to get the puck into the net. Two penalties going to Mexico City by the periods end.

Period #3;

A quiet period, but there was a goal nonetheless. Gavin Bebard, with the assistance of his linemates Felicia Hardy and Chuck E Cheese. Mexico City making one last effort to get ahead of the Saskatoon Wild, an effort that would prove to fall short as the period comes to a close with four penalties to Saskatoon.

Game End.

/ Goalies \

Saskatoon Wild
Austin Goulet III with 26 saves from 28 shots, letting in two.

Mexico City Kings
Connor Hellebuyck with 26 saves from 30 shots, letting in four.

|You’re team’s on a four game win streak now, but your next game seems like it’s going to be a tough one. Do you think you’ll win and keep your streak going?|

“They have pretty good players, we have good players. It’s all a matter of who plays better, I think we can keep it going.”

|Do you think your team’s newer players will help you guys further down the line?|

“Definitely, if they keep up with practices, workouts, and such I can see them making a big impact with us.”

Game #25
Saskatoon Wild vs Houston Bulls
[2 - 4]

Period #1;

The Houston Bulls set the tone for this game as they manage to get two in the net within the same minute, the first one from Charlie klepacki, his teammates Wladyslaw Mintus and Hulk Smash assisting him. Twenty-five seconds later, Elf shoes puts on in with the aid of Tommy James Longpre and Billy Joel. Putting Huston in a two point lead over Saskatoon. All three of the penalties this period going to Saskatoon.

Period #2;

In period two, Oliver Loo tries to make the beginning of Saskatoon’s comeback as he puts one in towards the end of the period with the assistance of Jacob Longstreet. Other then that the period is quiet, aside from two penalties for the Houston Bulls.

Period #3;

Right out the gate, Cole Stermer puts on in the back of the net with the help of Tommy James Longpre and Elf shoes. Strengthening Houston’s lead and putting them further ahead of Saskatoon. Lazlo Holmes, with the help of Oliver Loo and Jacob Longstreet get a goal in response, hoping to close the gap, only for Elf shoes to manage to break through their offense and score an empty netter, ending the game with a win for the Houston Bulls.

Game End.

/ Goalies \

Saskatoon Wild
Da TypThond with 27 saves from 30 shots, letting four in.

Houston Bulls
Herald Benson with 29 saves from 31 shots, letting two in.

|With such a devastating ending to your team’s win streak, what do you think you guys could have done differently?|

“We could’ve played better, cause they definitely outplayed us. Even so we can’t win them all, we’re bound to stumble in some of these games.”

|Do you still think you guys have a chance at the cup?|

“Our chances are still strong, yeah there’s opposing teams that are strong, but if we play well, if we play better then them then we have a shot.”

From these small recaps, it’s safe to say that Oliver Loo has improved over the course of the off-season. Finding a temporary home with the Saskatoon Wild with the hopes of helping them win that shiny Founders Cup. We’ll leave it up to the league to decide whether or not Oliver Loo has proven himself or if it’s too soon to tell.

2076 words (not including the little thing at the top and [REDACTED] player names.)

Weeks Claiming;
March 25-31
April 1-7
April 15-21

April 22-28

Edited by Misty
fixed formatting