Reunited - Goncalves, Toms, Tuominen

CALGARY - “It feels so good to have them on the wings again. It was a pleasant surprise to see them acquire Catia Goncalves prior to last season and prior to this season they acquire Kyle Toms. I was convinced that I’d have to wait long in my career until the possibility of them becoming Wranglers opened up. Glad I didn’t have to wait as long as I thought.”

Raimo was all smiles at practice as the newly formed “first line” got their first laps together. They caught up with Kyle Toms, who had come over from Prague. These three can’t seem to escape each other and Raimo couldn’t be gladder.

“Catia was also a Houston Bull but only the season before I came in. Kyle and I played together on the Bulls for a season. Kyle was always a great teammate and an excellent goal scorer. Then after the season, I heard that I was going to be drafted by Oslo. And then to my surprise, Kyle also ended up being there. I met Catia at the JST and the WJC and we seemed to click there. Then poof! Catia was also in Oslo. I was eventually traded to Rome and had a slightly rough time there but we were a deep team.”

Fate would catch up with them once more.

“I was very very shocked at the Catia acquisition considering she was just with Riga. Kyle was also a sneaky good pick up. I hope we can recreate the chemistry we showed in Oslo. What surprised me the most is that I never talked to the GM about acquiring them but… the GM still chose on his own to get them. It is almost magical.”