Another Tough Day for the Hounds

The Mississauga Hounds added 2 more losses to their season on Thursday against Philadelphia (3-2) and Ottawa (1-0).

“It’s been tough stretch," says GM @Nathan_8, "but we just have to keep our heads down and keep on working hard at our skills so we can start getting these Ws”

These losses mark the Hounds 11th and 12th 1-goal losses this season. This comes a day after the Hounds signed RW Matteo Stefano, in an attempt to build on what they feel is a solid core group.

In an interview after the shutout loss to Ottawa, Stefano said, "I have no doubt that things are going to change in the win column. I don't think it is my presence that will be the difference maker, though. These guys know what they want and are hungry for wins. When we string together a few, we are going to ride that momentum."

AGM Piffer @Pifferfish is hoping for some more rapid change. "If we lose by 1 12 more times in the second half, I'm quitting the VHL!" He says (hopefully jokingly).

In the end, the Hounds currently sit in the final playoff spot, 9 points ahead of the Miami Marauders. If they do tighten up those close games, they should pad that lead and potentially gain some ground in the standings.