Rave 2nd Year Update

tcookie

In the midst of an incredible battle for first place in the European Conference, where first-through-fifth place are separated by a total of three points, Phillip Rave's breakout season has continued for the Malmo Nighthawks. Although Rave isn't scoring at quite the pace he was to start the year, he has maintained a better-than-PPG average with 27 goals and 57 points in 53 games. The Nighthawks have five players at the PPG mark, and forward Savaisk Tzesar is not far behind, giving them a very balanced attack.

"It's obviously always nice to contribute, so I'm happy I've been able to produce. It feels like the work I've been putting in is paying off on the ice, which is always a great feeling," says Rave. "Obviously with the state of the EU right now, you need to be on top of your game every night. You lose a game or two and you can drop from first place to fifth. It seems like the five playoff teams are settled, but the positioning matters. And I think our whole team, myself included, can be a little better with that consistency aspect."

While Rave likely had a chance at one point to take home the Dustin Funk Trophy, as his production has slightly tailed off it's beginning to look like there are other, more impressive candidates. Still, it's a marked improvement from year one for Rave, and the Nighthawks have to be feeling like they have a future star on their hands.

Edited by tcookie