2023-2024 college football season discussion

meandyoc

A place to discuss your favorite college football team and how they did last season. For me, I'm from Michigan so I've got 2 big schools to pick from but I choose to root for the same team as my dad, Michigan. Our season was probably the best season we will have for a while, we were undefeated, and won the championship. I'm not expecting that next year though as most of the players are going to the NFL or graduating.

Currently sitting at work at...Ohio State. So have fun never getting a GM job I have had lots of reasons to think about your team recently. I spent most of my life not caring at all about college football, but getting involved with a big football school has changed that over the past couple years. Now I can't get enough of this shit.

I am legitimately curious how the next few seasons will play out for Michigan though. I won't act like I know all your players, but out of the ones I do know I think all of them are going into the draft. I'd imagine that there will be lots more obstacles this season compared to last one.

OSU was an interesting case last season. McCord was okay at QB but I felt like he didn't step up as much as some others (painfully, McCarthy is an example) when he had to. Harrison was absolutely incredible to watch and I'd argue he was our MVP despite his position. I felt like we didn't have too many single players who stood out on defense, but the combined effect of having lots of very good players who were all obviously very well-rehearsed turned out very well. I feel like they didn't get enough credit.

I'm optimistic overall for this year because we'll have a pretty solid transfer player (Howard) at QB with a couple top recruits (Noland and Sayin) in the room, still a legit #1 receiver (Egbuka) and a new recruit (Smith) who's already impressed--along with last year's top receiver recruit in Tate. Our reputation as WRU should not be at stake.

We also got lots of players who left Alabama when Saban retired (and if you want a team who may have more questions to answer than yours, there it is). Offense and defense benefited from this (can't wait to watch Caleb Downs) and I think we look scary.

Sincerely best of luck to you guys this year, because I want our matchup to stay exciting.