Jax Ready for S94

[SCOTTSDALE] Following a 100-point season for a career high, Toronto Legion center Jimi Jax has already forgotten about last season and is ready to make another run in S94. Despite hitting the three digit mark for the first time in his career, the American star still looks at the year as a failure after his team got swept in the first round.

“To me, nothing really matters other than winning. It’s always nice to know you’re individually contributing, but I just would love to win another Continental Cup this season”.

Jax does not see the Legion’s short playoff trip as an omen to the future of Toronto, and hopes to use the shortcoming as motivation for the team next season.

“We’ve been in this before, for a couple seasons before we won. We had some disappointing years before we got over the hump. I just feel like it’s the same situation, with an even better team”.

In his 8th year, Jax is not expected to contribute to the team like he did in his prime, but with a younger core merging into place, he’s not worried about a decline for the team overall.