Mathiesen an Ace despite draft mishap

Going in to the S94 VHLM dispersal draft Einar Mathiesen had more than a couple of teams that had already shown interest in selecting him with their picks in the rounds to come and while he held out hope he was mostly sure that he was not going to be selected in the 1st round of the draft due to his lack of experience playing in North America.

Mathiesen looked right in his assessment when the Las Vegas Ace's selected David Pastanap with the 10th pick in the draft which is the last pick of the 1st round but then it came down from the League office that Pastanap was actually ineligible to be selected this draft due to some missing paperwork the Ace's front office then went back to their draft board and would select Defenceman Einar Mathiesen much to the shock of Einar himself as 5 VHLM teams reached out to him for interview's before the draft and Las Vegas was not one of them despite that Mathiesen seemed thrilled with the selection.

"I was going to be happy no matter what round I was picked or what team I ended up on but the honour to be selected first round I feel is quite special I'm going do everything I can to prove the  Ace's front office right in selecting me where they did, I'm very excited to get to work and join the team."

238 words.