Tano Thanks the Fans

Aimee

To my few Mexico City fans –

Thank you for having me and cheering me on, even if it was for just a short while. I truly enjoyed my time playing in and for your beautiful city and it is an experience I will never forget. Thank you for welcoming me with such open arms near the end of the season and for being the home for the start of my career. Without you I wouldn’t feel as good as I do. I promise to return to Mexico City to spend some more time getting to know the people and the city itself. Your culture is so beautiful, and I wish I could immerse myself in it more. One day perhaps I will come and live here after I retire and spend a few years enjoying myself.

To the Mexico City staff, crew, and team –

Thank you also for opening your arms to me. Coming not only into a new league but a new country was one of the scariest things I have ever done, and you all were so kind and gracious. You opened your homes and your hearts to me, and I will be forever grateful. You will always be my first hockey family and I will treasure that forever. I look forward to returning to Mexico City with the Marlins because then I can see you all again.

To San Diego and it’s fans –

Thank you for the warm welcome! I don’t know if I was your first choice for the admins to make but thank you for cheering anyway. I promise that I will do all that I can to make you proud of this team and me. I am very much looking forward to spending this season working my ass off for your guys and I hope we can make you proud of this team. I cannot wait to see what San Diego and its people have in store for me. The weather, the beaches, the shopping. I have only seen it on tv and in movies and I cannot wait to get out and explore.

To San Diego staff, crew, and team –

Don’t let my kind demeanor fool you. I will be a badass on the ice and I will fight like hell to get this team across the finish line at the end of the season. We are going to be a force to be reckoned with and every other VHLM team should be careful about how they approach us. I promise that I will work hard and be the best defender that I can be. I hope to prove that I was worthy of a first overall draft. And, even if I turn out to be a complete bust, I promise that it won’t be from a lack of trying. I will give everything I have and more to be the defender you deserve.

Thank you also to the VHLM as a whole for allowing me to join your organization and for helping me get to where I am.

506 words for week ending 6/2/2024