Interview with Roger Eagles

Greg_Di

Posted (edited)

R:We welcome you back to the long running interview series where we interview the players of the Eagles dynasty. We have had all the great Eagles here for interviews throughout each of their respective careers and we are now back with the next player in line to carry the Eagles name. We welcome Roger Eagles to our studio today.

RE: Glad to be here and excited to start off my first interview in the start of this new career.

R: How are you settling in Rome and why did you choose Rome out of all placed to start your VHLE career?

RE: Settling in has been going well, adjusting to the speed and skill of the game. I have been training well and have stepped in to two games as backup so far where I would say I played pretty damn well. Haven't allowed a goal in 66 minutes which is pretty great. As for why I chose Rome is because they offered the best opportunity for me to move up to starter position. I think with the way training has been going and my recent play in the two games I have stepped in to, I should get that starter call soon.

R: Were they any promises made before you signed with Rome about if you would get that starter role?
RE: I will keep those discussion private but myself and the GM know what was said. I believe if I continue to train as I have been and continue to play well when called upon as a backup that within the next little while you will see that changing of the guard.

R: What has been your favorite part of Rome so far?
RE: I think its great that I can step off the ice and right into a warm, vibrant city and just enjoy. I can relax in a cafe with some coffee or gelato or I can go out and party at night. The options are unlimited and it never gets cold here. It's great leaving the arena in a tshirt and shorts and not need to worry about bundling up for the winter.

R: We have seen you improving week by week, what is the biggest thing you are currently working on to get better as a goalie?

RE: I never stop working and always trying to improve all aspects of my game. Right now I am focusing more on rebound control and hand speed to match with the skill of the VHLE.

R: You are VHL draft eligible after this season...any preferred teams you would like to go to? 
RE: I will play for any team that drafts me and try to improve that squad. I do not have any specific preferences and will just be excited to get going in the VHL once that time comes.

R: Have you decided if you will stay another season in the E or will you go directly to the VHL after the draft

RE: It's undecided. I will do what the drafting team wants me to do as I am a team player. If they need me to go down for another season then I will be glad to get more games in the E. If they decide that they need me to step in and play in the VHL right away then that is what I will do.

R: Final question and I know we have been hinting at it all interview to try and get an answer but when do you think you will start your first VHLE game?

RE: That is up to the GM to decided, I know i'm ready and I know I can compete at this level. The GM just has to give me that opportunity and I can guarantee you he won't regret it.

Edited by Greg_Di