Inker Belle flies to San Diego

R.png

A lot of people stared at Inker Belle. It was hard to blame them, as not only is the Inkling well, an Inkling, she seems to be fascinated by the more mundane humans stuff.

"Wow there is food in these shells?" Inker asks as she breaks a peanut shell. "Oh they are good!" She smiles as munches on a few of them, getting more stares. Inker was honestly used to humans staring at her, and she was a bit insecure about being interested in so many human things "aheh I'll stay quiet now..."

"Hey don't worry little squid" a man in front of her says "if you're going to be a hockey player, you're going to have to get used to stares. The fact that you're not human makes this problem tenfold."

"Thanks for the advice" Inker says sheepishly "but who are you?"

"Call me Armani. Armani Calamari. I am a retired VHL player"

"Oh wow! How was your time in the VHL? And what a cool last name!" Inker says before she could really stop herself, being amazed to randomly meet a retired player in some random plane ride to San Diego.

"It was fun. I never really won a championship in the big leagues, but I did win a title in the Euro league!" Armani smiles "I am from Toronto, but I'm here with my family on vacation. I have heard of you, the project player for the Marlins. Lots of pressure there"

"Unfortunately that makes me feel worse" Inker admits "I have felt pretty self conscious about the whole thing"

"Yeah your nervousness reminds me of when I entered the league, but it gets easier with practice trust me. The attention gets easier to deal with as long as you keep a level head, and being by yourself gets easier as well. Then again, I met my wife in Europe, so I was not that alone. Still, get some friends and get friendly with your teammates."

"Thanks again for the advice" Inker smiles a bit before they put on the seatbelts for the landing. Inker waves goodbye to Armani before getting in the provided car with the driver.

"Was that Armani Calamari?" The driver says as she gets in.

"Oh yeah you heard of him?" Inker asks with a smile.

"Yeah, he had a rough time towards the end of his career on a personal level that made him retire. I remember keeping up with his playing days, and right now he seems content in retirement."

"Well at least he is happy now" Inker shrugs

"His father passing didn't help, but it looks like he has healed."

"Heh, I didn't know my father" Inker sighs "he left my mom to become a sailor and never really came back"

"That's... Unfortunate" the driver says before they get on the road. Inker looks around the city of San Diego with amazement as they go "this city is great for sightseeing"

"I can imagine" Inker smiles

"Now I will be dropping you off at your new condo, where you'll be staying until you are drafted by your VHL and VHLE team."

"I understand. I am ready to show the league what I can do!" Inker smiles, determined.

"Heh heh, I'm sure you will."