Eagles takes the starter role

Roger Eagles has now taking over the reigns from Olafur Gunnleifson as the starting goalie in Rome.

Having skipped the VHLM and signing as a Free Agent with Rome, not many were expecting him to become a starter so quick but with his dedication to training a great starts while backing up, the team decided to give him a shot and it has been going well for the young goalie so far. He leads the VHLE in save percentage with an outstanding .942 in 12 games played and is second in GAA with a 2.21.

"This is why I signed in the VHLE and with Rome and that is to get substantial playtime with higher skilled players and that is what I have been getting" Roger said "I enjoy playing and testing myself against better players and I think so far I have been doing well. Team has been playing pretty well and I can give them an opportunity to win every game"

If Roger continues to play the way he has been, there may even be some awards at the end of the season for this goaltender but time will tell, it is still early in the season and it is difficult to keep up this pace for first time VHLE players.