Old Man Brain Farts - Iron Eagle(s)

Gaikoku-hito

D am I am getting old as I no longer remember great movies that I have seen close to have a half-century ago. I was just randomly looking through PT towards the end of theme week when I noticed that my stupid brain continues to think of different things when I see certain team names like when I read Los Angeles Stars, I cannot stop to think about the Rock Band KISS for some reason with their faces all painted Black & White and their hard to take serious costumes while somehow hearing Gene Simmons asking the question,” We are Stars, right.” Everyone looking around the room at each other back when the band first formed and just sort of agreeing. “Yeah, maybe one day you will be a star!” Or could it be Will Ferrell face paint from playoffs past and wondering does anyone actually think that LA is full of Kings when their number one fan is a Jester or a guy that just wanted to be a member of the band KISS through his youth. Can you take the Los Angeles Stars seriously? Either way I mix both teams names up all the time by call the LA Kings the Stars and calling the LA Stars the Kings; Thanks VHL.

KISSLAStars.jpg.328e89aca15a2f1b647099ecb9120bdb.jpgWillFerrel.jpg.91b87a2a981a224fb775451e8e21bc8c.jpg

B ut I am heading down a deep long path of writing that only Gust mother would be proud of if I don`t get back to what I was thinking when I started writing this. Every time I see the name Iron Eagles I get this type of goosebumps and a flash of excitement for good music, adventure and something really unrealistic but up until today I couldn`t really put my finger on way. At first I was thinking it was Iron Maiden but not to be mean I don`t even think I have every listened to a Maiden Eagle song but I went about my usually thought process of googling Iron Maiden thinking of doing a graphic combine my thought of Iron Maiden with the Iron Eagles.

T han to my surprise something from my past came up in the google search that was completely unexpected. Before Top Gun and some would argue better than top came a movie that I completed LOVED as child. Watching this movie over and over; as I contemplated how as young boy of around five years old; How myself was going to steal a fighter jet from the Military base that my dad was stationed. Could I fly a Jet as good as Doug Masters. If you ever see the second movie you will understand that Doug wasn`t actually that good to disappoint of a whole bunch of fans as the movies series is rather more of the stay that comes out the rear of a dog from the 2nd movie on wards. If you don`t know the movie than simple google: Iron Eagle

IronEagles.jpg.70f9dd3cc82365f41fe85089823083e6.jpg

This was one of the greatest movies when I was growing up and now I know why I get that Goosebump feeling when I read the name Iron Eagles in the VHLE.

Edited by Gaikoku-hito