Lachlan Summers Announces Retirement

WARSAW, PL — Early this morning, Warsaw goaltender and VHL great Lachlan Summers announced he was going to hold a press conference today, and the media swarmed into the room like ants where the Warsaw Predators’ staff had just finished setting everything up appropriately, waiting with bated breath. 

As he walked into the room, Summers looked as crisp and cool as ever, as he often did when he stepped out onto the ice to man the crease for Warsaw every game. He was a multi-award winner, Continental Champion, and poised to set some of the league’s best goaltending stats this season. 

He stepped up to the podium, adjusting the microphone as the crowd murmured amongst themselves, cameras flashing in the Aussie’s face as he composed himself.

Then he spoke.

“Hello, everyone. Thank you for gathering here today on such short notice. The reason why I wanted to call this press conference is because,” Summers began, “I am here to announce my retirement from the Victory Hockey League at the end of the season. It has been an extremely rewarding nine years in this league and I am ready to finish my career strong. Thank you.”

Without another word, he began to walk off the stage and left the room, but the clamor that broke out amongst the press was boisterous. Soon after Summers’ announcement, came Sadie St-Louis’ interview with the DBC where she confirmed that this would be her last season as well. Sources are unsure if the two friends planned their announcements jointly, but this comes as a shock to VHL players, staff, and fans everywhere. We will keep readers updated once we know more.