50 Goals, 100 Points, a Slapshot first!

This season has been nothing short of remarkable for Raimo the player. In terms of stats, arguably the most successful single season any of my players have had. If we exclude Jacques Lafontaine, then it is by far the standalone best season out of any skater that I’ve created. Obviously the season isn’t over. The individual benchmarks are great but the focus is to fight and see if the Calgary Wranglers can squeak their way into the playoffs. I mean, the streak to start off the season was nothing short of magical and amazing. The magic has worn off and we have dropped significantly but the young core group shows great potential for this season and the future. I mean, we have a great young Slezak in between the pipes, and the group as a whole is improving at a rapid pace.

It’s weird to think that neither Sigard Petrenko or Ryuu Crimson could break the 50 goal and 100 point mark. It’s even weirder that Raimo was the one to do it. Raimo was sort of an interesting case where I didn’t know what he’d become. In both the VHLM and VHLE, he was inconsistent and I thought he would be a second/third liner at best. It’s weird seeing that the 50 goal and 100 point mark were broken just like that. Honestly, I was unsure what to do with Raimo when he was a winger because I was trying to break the cycle of the typical Slapshot forward. Two-way winger with lots of physicality and depth scoring potential.

Raimo benefits from being a part of a well thought out and put together roster/core group that is all slowly growing. I mean, a big reason for the season he is having is Catia Goncalves. Seriously. I noticed how in the VHLE she really boosted Raimo and it’s happening in the VHL.

These are just some ramblings so I can get my customary 2 TPE. But it’s cool that a player I created finally hit those two benchmarks.

Congrats as I was hoping that my player would reach these miles stones this season as well in the VHLE but has decided since I mentioned the 50 goals & 100pts to stop scoring so is currently on pace to finish somewhere between 40-50 goals while still breaking the 100pts mark.

Not a easy feat so great to see someone accomplish this!!

Red Carpet GIF by Tony Awards