Pier 21: Welcome Home!

LucyXpher

AWwWTfX.jpeg

Traded away from Halifax during the S93 draft, goaltender Kendra Cavill @Firekiss has spent the majority of the past two seasons playing for the Las Vegas Aces and the San Diego Marlins.  At the Season 94 trade deadline, however, GM Lexie Leitner made a trade to bring Cavill-- a Halifax native-- back to the 21st.  Though the team is confident in starting goalie Jon Webber III @Webberj, who just this season set a new franchise mark for total wins by a goalie, the 21st are excited to bring a goalie of Cavill's calibre to add depth and security to one of the most important positions in hockey.  An experienced player, Cavill is now in her third and final season in the VHLM and was among the top goalies available at the deadline.  Leading the league in assists this season with 6, Cavill is easily one of the best goalies in the league at handling the puck and making outlet passes to her teammates to start the rush.  Cavill is also an extremely agile goalie with the ability to make incredible saves look easy.  

"When I saw that there was a chance to bring Cavill back to Halifax, I jumped at the opportunity," said Leitner.  "It never sat well with me that we traded her away because I knew that she wanted to be here, so bringing her back in time for our playoff run is definitely a special opportunity for both player and team and I know that she's going to be a huge part of our success as we wind down the season."

In 5 starts since her return to the 21st, Cavill has come in clutch against some of the top teams in the league, including the Miami Marauders and Mexico City Kings.  Currently holding a 3-1-1 record with a .911 SV%, a 1.72 GAA, and 1 shutout, Cavill has been everything the 21st have needed down the stretch and has allowed goaltending workhorse, Webber III, some much needed rest as the playoffs loom. 

With only 5 games left in Season 94, the Halifax 21st have clinched the Prime Minister's Cup with the league's best regular season and currently hold a 16 point lead on the 2nd place Miami Marauders.  Come playoffs, however, record and regular season will mean very little for a team that has yet to win their first Founder's Cup since joining the league in Season 62.  If the 21st are going to make it happen this season, they're going to have to exorcise some demons-- more on that later this week!  

Edited by LucyXpher