Time

A week ago I was lying in the grass in Canada with our dog, writing a .com piece. Today I'm sitting in a college music hall, dropping off my 17 year old for a 2 week music camp in preparation for auditions in the coming months. It's cliche, but time flies. The first time I brought my kid here they were in middle school, and now entering their senior year.

With that in mind, Konstyantyn Shevchenko's VHLM season seems to have gone by in a flash. Ultimately it was a successful year from a personal statistics perspective, but it feels like a failure to not have made significant progress in the playoffs. 

I'm very curious to see how the VHLE draft goes. I never really pay attention to any league other than the one that I'm a part of, so I don't really know if there's a team I should be trying to avoid or anything like that, so I'm happy to play anywhere. I do see that several of the VHLE teams are branded as former VHL squads, so that's pretty cool. I had a pretty great experience with Cologne way back when, but ultimately it doesn't matter. I just want my player to be a positive contributor and hopefully win a title.