How to Be Evil

Tate

So, I'll start by breaking character a little. Seeing @diacope banned is a bit of a heart breaker as 16z's original player, Ryan Busser, was a draft pick of Riga so long ago, and we've had many good interactions over the years. If you know my history, you will know that I am too, a controversial figure. I view myself as an antihero because I've got legitimate reasons for why I'm viewed as controversial, and so would the the people that stand opposite of me. I don't know what led to the ban, but there are always three sides to every story. 

Fun fact, my player is named Mad Villain as an ode to who people think I am. When I first recreated, I did so with the thought of creating a player that, "they," couldn't get me for. And I think how I've gone about my media shows it's unique and my own, and it's the only way I'll survive this career without a suspension or ban (that is if you believe in conspiracies). ;)

I believe the episode below is my best work to date, take a look at this pic to see what my track looks like under its skin:

HTBE1.thumb.PNG.537784894b55b57b57cecca3a4d6a6da.PNG

I decreased pitch, tempo, amplified sounds, faded in and out... and even created my own music - for 3 TPE (Make Podcasts 10 mins again for the love of God). But I did that because it's fun, and I have fun here, regardless of who might dislike that or not want me around. I used to do regular podcasts but coming back, I didn't feel like what I produced normally would be taken fairly, so the first episode of my Mad Villain series was inspired from that feeling of insecurity and insanity. 

I'm proud of how far I've come from recording only audio, to adding music, and now sound effects. All of this is my effort to show who I really am, and that controversial figures are sometimes just misunderstood. So, for the sake of old friends, this one is for you diacope. 

Keep being you!

29 minutes ago, twists said:

Why didn't you get diacope back on the meds

Why won’t you ever say the words, “I love you too”?

It’s always, “yeah baby, don’t worry about it”, or, “don’t get all huffy stuffy on me sugar babe”

A fella wants to know how you feel once in a while you cold hearted,  rock of a man. 

Super Freak Flirting GIF by Rick James

What do you use to make music? I'm into a few instruments (mostly as a hobby these days) but I'm horribly under informed when it comes to recording/production.

Posted (edited)
11 hours ago, Gustav said:

What do you use to make music? I'm into a few instruments (mostly as a hobby these days) but I'm horribly under informed when it comes to recording/production.

I did a couple of things, I recorded ambient sound using a site called AIVA, and then I recorded people clapping, two different types of violins, and a bass drum. In either your left or right ear you can hear one of the bass drum or clapping, while the ambient moves as the through line. So, in reality I didn't record all the notes myself, but blended them together and purposely a bit off beat so that it would give an uncomfortable horror like feel. I had been running into trouble using copyrighted music as my backdrop so this time around I went off the board.

It will be the start of something great! Thanks for asking, Gus, you da man :)

Edited by Tate

• 2 weeks later...

Your shit is awesome.  Mad Villain is so cool.  I expected a follow up podcast now that Pinky is confiscated and is at a secret location!!  Keep it up Villain.